Supreme Court refuses ISI report on Shia Genocide in Quetta
During Wednesday’s hearing of the suo motu notice taken in the aftermath of the recent blast in Quetta on Shia Hazara community, the Supreme court of Pakistan rejected a report of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) submitted by Defence Secretary Asif Yaseen Malik. A three-member bench of the apex court, headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, was hearing the case. Interior Secretary Khwaja Siddiq Akbar and the defence secretary were present during today’s hearing. The court rejected the ISI report which was submitted by the defence secretary and ordered for it to be re-submitted. The chief justice remarked that the court’s queries were not answered and that reports were sought from other agencies as well. The defence secretary said that Military Intelligence (MI) has no role in this case and he further said that if the MI comes across any information only then it shares it with the ISI. Earlier on Tuesday, Chief Justice Iftikhar had said that the responsibility for Saturday’s deadly bombing that claimed 87 lives fell on the federal government.
About The Author
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.