QUETTA CARNAGE: Punjab Govt Never Demanded Malik Ishaq Be Put On ECL
ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Wednesday said Punjab government had never requested for putting the name of Malik Ishaq— leader of the outlawed Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ)— on Exit Control List (ECL).
Speaking to media representatives, he said Ishaq is involved in 32 criminal cases and added that it seemed that Punjab police were providing protection to him as he was continuing his activities.
Malik Muhammad Ishaq, who is also vice president of the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ), had been detained for one month after he offered his arrest outside his residence in Rahim Yar Khan on Feb 22.
ASWJ was formerly known as Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan (SSP).
The minister said that provinces have been asked to provide details about banned organisations within three days, adding that he has asked Punjab government to take actions against the LeJ.
Malik said he will prove that LeJ was involved in bomb blasts and target killings in Karachi, Quetta, Peshawar and other areas.
“It is proved that Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and the Pakistani Taliban have links with each other and they are trying to destabilise Pakistan through terrorist activities,” he said.
About The Author
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.