Govt. Begins Act Upon Demands Before The End Of MWM’s Deadline
Federal and Provincial Governments have started acting upon the demands of Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen before the end of deadline of 48 hours announced by Allama Raja Nasir Abbas Jafri, the MWM’s chief in Karachi.
On an invitation of Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah, a high-level delegation of the MWM visited the Chief Minister’s House on Friday that lasted for more than an hour.
Allama Amin Shaheedi, deputy secretary general of the MWM led the delegation that comprised of Allama Sadiq Raza Taqvi, secretary general MWM Karachi chapter, Nasir Shirazi, head of political affairs of the MWM, Asghar Abbas Zaidi, and Sabir Karbalai.
Sindh Information Minister, Sharjeel Memon, Rashid Rabbani and Waqar Mehdi assisted the Chief Minister at the meeting.
Mr. Shah and his cabinet members strongly condemned the Abbas Town Tragedy and brushed aside the impression that Sindh Government had not acted promptly.
They said as a matter of fact, Sindh Government began relief and rescue activities and all the affected people and families were being provided relief. He reiterated that the culprits involved in the terrorist attack in Abbas Town were arrested.
He said that he had already announced Rs. 1.5 million for the heirs to martyrs and Rs. 1 million to the injured victims.
He said that President Asif Zardari has asked him to inform to the delegates on his behalf that the martyrs and injured families would be given the keys of newly constructed flats within a week.
The MWM delegates asked him to launch a crackdown on the outlawed terrorist groups outlawed Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, outlawed Sipah-e-Sahaba and their renamed version and their allies and patrons.
Chief Minister assured that terrorists would be taken to task. Their offices would be sealed off and they would be put behind the bars and expelled from the province too.
The mosques and seminaries preaching the takfiri ideology would be given a code of ethics and they would be warned not to preach hate materials. Lists of arrested terrorists would be released.
Meanwhile, Shah included the names of representatives from the MWM in the committees which would make arrangements for handover of the newly constructed flats to the affected of the tragedy, financial assistance to the heirs of martyrs and to the injured.
Those two youths martyred due to rangers firing would also be paid compensatory amounts.
A hotline would be established between the government and the MWM.
The delegates also demanded that President Zardari must release Ghulam Raza Shah Naqvi who was put behind the bars for last 16 years.
About The Author
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.