Hamas will continue attacks on Israel: Spokesman
Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri made the remarks at a press conference in the coastal sliver on Wednesday, rejecting an Israel-Hamas ceasefire initiative by Egypt.
“Anyone with a ceasefire initiative guaranteeing the Palestinian conditions should come and speak to us. Hamas will never accept an initiative that does not address these conditions,” Abu Zuhri said, adding that threats by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and other Israeli officials “don’t scare Hamas.”
“The occupation will pay the price for the pure blood that it has spilled.”
The spokesman censured Arab countries for not backing Hamas during the latest round of Israeli offensive on Gaza, saying, “There is no official Arab activity to rescue Gaza… We feel greatly betrayed by official Arab regimes; we have encountered no real official Arab position.”
Abu Zuhri also called on the president of the Palestinian national unity government, Mahmoud Abbas, to support Hamas.
Hamas has demanded an end to Israel’s eight-year blockade on the enclave as part of a truce with Israel.
Israeli warplanes have been pounding targets in Gaza in Tel Aviv’s new round of offensive that began on July 8.
More than 200 people have been killed and many others injured by the new wave of Israeli aggression so far.
The Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, has been launching retaliatory attacks against Israel.
Since the early hours of Wednesday, around 70 rockets have reportedly been fired towards Israel.
Latest reports said the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades launched several Grad rockets at Ashkelon, Beersheba, and Netivot.
In Be’er Tuvia, an Israeli was injured by rocket fire while sirens went off in Yad Mordehai and Eshkol.
Tel Aviv, Haifa and Kiryat Gat were among other cities that were targeted.
About The Author
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.