Israel vows to continue attacks on Gaza
On Sunday, Netanyahu noted that Israeli operations in Gaza will continue, adding that the Israel regime will take whatever action necessary to fight the Palestinian resistance fighters.
He also accused Hamas of violating a ceasefire which has been endorsed by the Palestinian resistance movement.
Hamas said earlier in the day that it would be willing to abide by a new 24-hour humanitarian truce brokered by the United Nations ahead of the Eid al-Fitr holiday, marking the end of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan. Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said the truce would go into effect at 2 p.m. (1100 GMT) on Sunday.
The Israeli Prime Minister also admitted that the high number of civilians killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza has cost Tel Aviv dearly in the world public opinion. He added that Tel Aviv will never cede its security for the sake of public opinion.
Israeli aerial and ground forces continued pounding the besieged Gaza Strip on Sunday.
The Tel Aviv regime has confirmed that 43 Israeli soldiers have been killed in the Gaza war. Hamas puts the number at more than 90.
The Palestinian death toll from 20 days of aerial and ground assaults on Gaza now stands at 1,062, with more than 6,000 people injured.
International bodies and human rights groups say civilians account for the majority of the victims of the ongoing Israeli war. Women and children make the bulk of the civilian casualties there.
The UN says it will launch an investigation into the Israeli regime’s war crimes in the Palestinian impoverished territory.
About The Author
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.